Local, Local, Local!
Three little words that mean so much…
Come out Saturday, March 5, to the Audubon Park Garden District and shop while you sample Red Light Red Light-curated wine and craft beer plus light bites created with the freshest ingredients by local food purveyors. Meet old friends and make new ones who are as passionate as you are about growing Orlando’s locavore and culinary scenes — and building a community like APGD that reflects your passion!
At APGD’s second annual Eat Local Sip and Stroll — you can:
1) Meet the foodies who are making “fresh and local” a signature in Orlando — the passionate creators of the treats you’ll sample — from local growers to bakers and chefs, all based right here in Central Florida. Suppliers include these local purveyors and more:
- Cheese whiz Tonda Corrente, APGD’s very own Femme du Fromage
- Small-batch artisan charcuterie and fine food company Hinckley’s Fancy Meats, specializing in Florida products
- Farm-Haus, a chef-created farm-to-table dinner-delivery service
- Buttermilk Bakery, a handmade bakery, with a new twist on classic American desserts
- P is for Pie Bake Shop, award winning bake shop of sweet and savory pies
- Fresh Florida seafood samples from local fishers with Wild Ocean Seafood Market
2) Over a dozen shops along the Audubon Park Garden District will offer tastes to tempt you, including:
At East End Market (3201 Corrine Drive): Fatto in Casa’s Italian cuisine to go, cheese shop La Femme du Fromage and Houndstooth Sauce Company.
Along Corrine Drive, Perception Eyewear (3127 Corrine Drive) designer brands
In the East Plaza (Corrine Drive east of Winter Park Road): Bikes Beans and Bordeaux neighborhood cafe, Sprinkles Jewelry and Gifts, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream.
In the West Plaza (Corrine Drive west of Winter Park Road): consignment shop Chic Boutique, Fresh 24 fruits and vegetables, Dear Prudence clothing and jewelry, Park Ave CDs, The Lovely Boutique retro-vintage-handmade local market, Orlando Outfitters sporting goods and P is for Pie Bake Shop.
Tickets are $25 advance, $22.50 for APGD members, available now. The second annual Eat Local Sip Local Stroll is a fundraiser for the Audubon Park Garden District and supports its mission to create an economically and environmentally sustainable community in the heart of Central Florida.