We are a volunteer driven organization that does a lot with a little funding and a crazy amount of elbow grease and sweat–all under the guidance of one paid staffer and the oversight of a board of directors. We are a subsidiary of the National Trust for Historic Preservation and an accredited Main Street program.
Under our mission of improving the Garden District, since 2009 we have:
- Planted over 300 plants
- Saved the Corrine Drive medians from being paved over
- Helped our independent businesses with marketing and permitting issues
- Initiated public art projects
- Promoted the area and it’s vision to the greater Central Florida community
- Collected toys for cancer stricken children, as well as supplies for a cat rescue group
- Provided gardening merit badge opportunites for Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts
- Provided support for the Orange County League of Women Voters voter registration drives
- Advocated for more bike lanes, sidewalks and other green initiatives
We exist through matching grants from the City of Orlando, however, we must always be able to make the minimum match and that isn’t possible without the support of people like you. Join today.